Sequoia National Park Photographer team
A true "us" Wedding Adventure in Sequoia you'll be proud to call yours
Nationally-published husband and wife Sequoia National Park Photographers guiding and capturing true-to-you elopement wedding adventures.
3+ Years exclusively specializing in crafting and capturing authentic elopements / weddings across the U.S. and worldwide.
Guided, celebrated and captured along side 75+ different couples eloping and over 50+ intimate, nature-based weddings. Journeyed over 150,000 miles for love!
A true "us" elopement experience in Sequoia
We know this planning journey may feel intimidating; there's a lot to consider and so many different photographers doing the same thing with the same pictures. We get it. Are you scrolling through tons and tons elopement photos and thinking:
"that's not our vibe."
“this looks fake. I want my moments to feel real…”
“we’re not ____ enough for THAT adventure.”
"none of these people look like me."
“do I have to hike or backpack to have an epic day?”
These doubtful feelings are valid. We know how you feel and we've been there. But you can stop here. We’re here for all love and all adventures-- and to say that whatever you're dreaming up, wherever you want to go, whatever adventure you want; the most epic part of your story is you right here, right now, deciding to do something different for your wedding—-and then doing the damn thing.
Don’t settle or regret not having the wedding adventure you deserve. Have a wedding day you’ll be proud of—- with a Sequoia National Park Elopement Photographer Team that gets. Let's Chat.
Your Sequoia Elopement with WhiskeySage
one of a kind Guidance
Help crafting and planning from a couple that also eloped. our sage support and personal planning process helps keep you on track for an adventure that feels like you two–not an imitation of someone else’s day.
A Wedding day you're proud of
Not settling or living with regret of not having the adventure you deserve. your elopement will be authentic to you and we will instantly put you ease with our whiskeysage guidance.
Featured Sequoia Blog
If you’re like us, you’re also awe-struck by the magic these massive Sequoia trees have. California offers so much adventure to choose from you can’t go wrong, but what better location than among the majestic redwood Giants and Sierra Nevada mountains? Pairing your powerful vows with mother nature is something we thrive on documenting. No matter which landscape you’re choosing–we’re here for it and would love to get to know you and your vision for your vision for your special day. Need inspiration? Check out our featured blog below.
Invest In a team that also eloped
Eloping is so personal. And so f’n fun. So rewarding. And transformational when you’re intentionally deciding to do something different and unique. But like anything worth the reward, there’s work involved. There’s deciding which location within Sequoia National Park, planning, logistics and a gamut of emotions; especially when trying to keep your day authentic without getting decision fatigue from the tons of blogs you’re scrolling. We’ve been there. We get it. And we’re here to give you the breathe of fresh air you need.
With one-of-a-kind guidance and a personal planning process, we take the stress off and put the focus back on what matters– you and your love. We work together to help guide and craft a unique Sequoia Wedding day you’ll be damn proud you had. Don’t settle for anything that doesn’t feel good to you two or regret not having the adventure you deserve.
Your Sequoia Elopement Investment Includes
Sequoia Elopement Packages
Sequoia Elopement Packages begin at 4 hours for 2 photographers and include guidance, location research, timeline building, and travel.
$5500 // 4 Hours
$5800 // 6 Hours
$6100 // 8 Hours
$6400 // 10 Hours
$7500 // 2 Days
How to get started
Reach Out & Share Your Vision
Let us know a little about you both and vision in mind. From there we’ll set up a time to meet virtually so we can start crafting and helping right away.
get the sage guidance you need
Not someone planning your whole day telling what you should or shouldn’t do—but personal support from people that care about helping you craft a day that is symbolic, intentional and feels 110% like you two.
Have a true "us" wedding adventure
Cheers! You did the damn thing and got married to the beat of your own drum— walking away with transformative memories, a unique adventure and a wedding day you’re proud of.
Sequoia Elopement Planning Tips
Sequoia Elopement Photography Planning
- The best time of year to visit is June-October, other times require more planning and considerations. Portions of the park are closed November to mid April.
- The best time of day for portraits is at Sunrise or Sunset. Because of the elevation of these mountain and massively tall trees, sunrise and sunset times are effected. No matter what location you chose, we can help navigate the timing of this for you.
- We definitely recommend planning your ceremony adventure for a weekday M-TH as the park gets very busy with tourism on the weekends that can cause severe delays and crowded images.
- to maximize your photography timeline, we suggest lodging inside of the park, so when we arrive to capture moments getting ready, there's minimal drive time to your next location.
- we know all the great gems for portrait locations and best hikes to take.
- Sequoia is a GEM of Sierra Nevada with some of the BEST lighting and variety of landscapes within a close proximity.
- Most areas are a quick 1-2mi hike a part or 5-10 min drive.
- As your Sequoia Elopement Photographer I like to work with you on your timeline and locations to ensure the best lighting. Contact Us before you get too far in the planning process!
Sequoia Elopement Permits & Vendors
- Sequoia National Park requires an Entrance Fee and Commercial Photography Permit for ceremonies. For that reason, we help get you all the uninteresting, but important, details on this to make sure your ceremony or session isn't interrupted.
- We're happy to recommend local florists, officiants and mobile hair/makeup
- Visalia is your closest town for floral and groceries, but if coming in the day before your ceremony, can pick-up your floral at any major city you may be coming from.
Things to know before you go
- Sequoia is about an hour and half from Fresno, California and Visalia. Make sure to grab any food, marriage license and other errand items before you head into the park. You will pass through a small town of Three Rivers, but keep in mind resources here are slim and more expensive due to the remote proximity.
- There is little/no signal once you enter in to the park. If you have loved ones meeting you there, that are not lodging with you or nearby, please be sure to communicate all necessary items prior to your day! There is wifi at the visitor center and main lodge.
- Three Rivers is the closest town outside of the park - with a cool brewery with an outdoor patio right by the river and a couple other places to grab a small bite. Otherwise dining in the lodge within the park is the next best option!
- if camping - many campgrounds operate from early spring to late fall. There are no hookup options in the park and water is limited to certain campgrounds only. Be ready to dry camp and be self-contained. Reservations are highly recommended, well in advance. Some are first come first serve, but can fill up quickly (especially during peak season). Consequently, we don't recommend just showing up and trying to find a spot. We are happy to assist with your camping plans.
- if camping - navigating in to the park with RV's larger than 22' requires extra consideration as several areas are inaccessible to extra large vehicles.
- Sequoia has a mina lodge within the park and there are several Cabin Rental options within the park area as well. There are also various Airbnb homes near Fresno and Sequoia and nearby lodging in Three Rivers.
Sequoia Elopement Weather
- Temperatures in Sequoia can fluctuate day/night (around 20-25 degrees). From June-September, high temperatures average in the mid 60's to low 70's.
- Nights in the park can be quite cold. The average low in the peak of summer is only 45 degrees. I recommend bringing lots of layers and planning for the temperatures to drop as soon as sun goes down.
- Winter temperatures dip in to the teens at night with highs in the 30s. Roads become very icy and dangerous and unexpected closures are possible (in addition to the planned closured). As your Sequoia Elopement Photographer I wouldn't recommend it for most couples.
Don't settle or regret not having the Sequoia Adventure you know you deserve
A few years later we ditched the traditions and decided on a private wedding adventure entirely about us and the life we enjoy sharing together. But even when eloping, it was a challenge to not get caught up in "what do other people do” and scroll through endless photos influencing what eloping looks like. It was exhausting and almost made us feel like we weren't "good enough" to do something unique for us. So we stopped scrolling. And paused. And asked ourselves, “What feels good to us? What do WE want to do?” And then had the best, most perfectly imperfect day—filled with machaca tacos we made ourselves, a cliffside hike, first dance around a campfire, getting ready in glamp tent and more. It was entirely us, and that’s all that mattered. (Learn more about our elopement day here.)
- Reach out to us.
- We'll meet and chat about your vision(s) in mind for Sequoia.
- We’ll guide you with personal support so your adventure will be 110% authentic to you.
- You'll have a wedding adventure you’re proud of— not settle or regret choosing anything less than what you deserve.
We’re passionate about personally crafting, capturing and celebrating everything that makes your love yours. Nothing phony. Nothing fake. An adventure and memories of your wedding day that you’ll be proud of, with elopement photographers that have been there and get it.