Sequoia National Park Photographer
Team Serving The Western U.S. & Mexico
we're Lauren & allen
A husband & wife elopement & destination wedding photographer team based between Colorado & California. We travel the western U.S. & Mexico for adventurous & unordinary celebrations of love. We’ve been working together as a team for over 7 years and said adios to our traditional wedding plans and decided to elope back in 2019. We’ve helped couples from all over the world plan their elopement adventures and have traveled over 150,000k mi for love, most of which was while adventuring in our camper for 3 years! We’re all for breaking the rules. Life is too short, we have to follow our hearts. Wedding days seem like an important time to probably do that. ; )
How you celebrate your marriage is your legacy. We care about your story & show that through an elevated experience with emotional, artistic imagery that is yours and only yours. You deserve your moments documented by an elopement photographer team that values the meaning of your celebration as much as you do.
xx your sequoia national park photographers
sequoia wedding photographers for stories that are anything but ordinary.
Hi lovers, travelers, dreamers and friends.
Are you looking for a sequoia elopement photographer team that vibes with your celebration in mind?
Maybe you’re ditching the original wedding plans and choosing something more intimate and adventurous for your wedding celebration?
Maybe a bigger, traditional wedding was never your thing?
Maybe “elopement” doesn’t really fit what you’re doing either.
and what is all this talk about adventuring?
because maybe, your love is more than just any ordinary trending search word or hashtag…
ahhh. Yes. that’s the one. we get it.
you’re getting married. YOUR way.
wether you call that eloping, an intimate wedding, destination wedding celebration, adventure, etc–
what’s important is that you’re celebrating in a way that excites your soul & honors your connection.
IF This SOUNDS about RIGHT, THEN…
PULL UP A CHAIR.
WE’RE DESTINATION WEDDING & ELOPEMENT PHOTOGRAPHERS THAT THRIVE ON experiences, STORY-TELLING AND UNIQUE CELEBRATIONS OF LOVE. LIKE YOU, WE ALSO celebrated to the beat of our own drum. (SEE ABOUT PAGE) CHOOSING TO DO SOMETHING MUCH MORE INTENTIONAL AND MEANINGFUL THAN THE STATUS QUO IS A POWERFUL EXPERIENCE AS A COUPLE. WE GET HOW MEANINGFUL THIS MOMENT IS.
WE’VE DOCUMENTED, CREATED AND HELPED GUIDE COUPLES ALL OVER THE WORLD GETTING MARRIED IN UNIQUE AND EXTRAORDINARY WAYS. WE’D LOVE TO MEET YOU, CELEBRATE YOUR JOURNEY HERE AND RAISE A GLASS TO LOVE!
Vibe & Values
Our couples trust us to document their magic & create artistic and emotional images that tell their story. Your moments are priceless and deserve to be captured by people who care about your legacy. We believe your images should be anything but ordinary because your love is anything but ordinary. You deserve images that uniquely tell your story and two photographers with two perspectives, two angles and different lens depth allow for that.
Getting to know you, your love & the details of your story is one of our favorite parts of the photojournalism journey with you. Your trust allows us to intuitively capture your love the way it deserves to be remembered. Our couples lean on us for planning guidance, day-of coordination, timeline, vendor suggestions, location ideas and so much more to help make planning breezy. We love that we always feel like we’re old friends the day-of. We say fuck. Our heads are probably in the gutter. We generate at-least 1-3 inside jokes after our time together. But most importantly, we deeply care about your elopement day being the most meaningful and amazing day of your life.
Good energy is essential for good moments and starts with who you surround yourself with. We are 110% absolutely by your side with all the good juju, personal playlists, snacks, bevs, wearing 573 different hats to keep you feeling your best so you can have the best memories. We take pride in spreading joy and creating timelines that allow for you to feel relaxed and mindful so you can truly soak in your moments and not feel rushed.
Featured Sequoia Blog
If you’re like us, you’re also awe-struck by the magic these massive Sequoia trees have. California offers so much adventure to choose from you can’t go wrong, but what better location than among the majestic redwood Giants and Sierra Nevada mountains? Pairing your powerful vows with mother nature is something we thrive on documenting. No matter which landscape you’re choosing–we’re here for it and would love to get to know you and your vision for your vision for your special day. Need inspiration? Check out our featured blog below.
celebrations of love we often capture in Sequoia
Your Investment Includes
Celebrations of Love Collections
We customize your collection for you and the moments you want to remember. Below is our starting coverage rate for the timeframes we offer. Please inquire for a more specific proposal personalized to your celebration in mind.
Sequoia Photography Collections
multi-day wedding celebrations
6-12 hour coverage each day
Three Days from $12500
Two Days from $8500
all day wedding celebrations
starting at $5500
elopements & intimate celebrations of love
starting at $4500
*you two only or a very small group
We miss our international friends deeply. As soon as it's possible, we will begin booking international locations. Couples wanting to travel to the U.S. are welcome to book for 2021/2022 at this time, but understand flexibility must be considered for potential travel restrictions.
*Iceland is opening their borders 3/26 to travelers that have been vaccinated.
*Greece plans on re-opening their borders to those who have been vaccinated by mid-summer and EU residents will have access beginning in May.
We love to capture life & love being passionately celebrated no matter the occasion. Please get in touch to tell us about this special time, check our availability and virtually meet for a custom proposal.
It's alway a good time to create meaningful memories. No "special" occasion needed ; - ) We love to couples boudoir, honeymoon adventures, proposals, maternity, engagements and more. please get in touch for a custom quote for your date/location and moment in mind.
Salud! bottoms up, mates! What's next?
And celebrate life– always! Especially for wedding celebrations and especially for yours right now. We can’t wait to meet you so we can hear all about your story and vision in mind. Connect by filling out our contact form. We’re usually in touch within a couple days.
You Have New Photographer Friends
We’re more than just your destination wedding photographer team – we’re your new photographer friends that truly care about your story, your life, your love. We hang out over zoom, chat over social media and Marco Polo, meetup before and likely there for your next big moment. This has to be this personal so we can intuitively and artistically capture your memories the way they deserve to be remembered.
we capture your story & celebrate your marriage
We never show up as strangers. By this point we’ve built a relationship and know what moments are most important to you without you saying a word. You trust us implicitly so you can be present in your moments and make your day about your love. We cheers and share a coldie or shot. We hug hard. We laugh hard. We celebrate right along with you.
Sequoia Elopement Tips
Sequoia Elopement Photography Planning
- The best time of year to visit is June-October, other times require more planning and considerations. Portions of the park are closed November to mid April.
- The best time of day for portraits is at Sunrise or Sunset. Because of the elevation of these mountain and massively tall trees, sunrise and sunset times are effected. No matter what location you chose, we can help navigate the timing of this for you.
- We definitely recommend planning your ceremony adventure for a weekday M-TH as the park gets very busy with tourism on the weekends that can cause severe delays and crowded images.
- to maximize your photography timeline, we suggest lodging inside of the park, so when we arrive to capture moments getting ready, there's minimal drive time to your next location.
- we know all the great gems for portrait locations and best hikes to take.
- Sequoia is a GEM of Sierra Nevada with some of the BEST lighting and variety of landscapes within a close proximity.
- Most areas are a quick 1-2mi hike a part or 5-10 min drive.
- As your Sequoia Elopement Photographer I like to work with you on your timeline and locations to ensure the best lighting. Contact Us before you get too far in the planning process!
Sequoia Elopement Permits & Vendors
- Sequoia National Park requires an Entrance Fee and Commercial Photography Permit for ceremonies. For that reason, we help get you all the uninteresting, but important, details on this to make sure your ceremony or session isn't interrupted.
- We're happy to recommend local florists, officiants and mobile hair/makeup
- Visalia is your closest town for floral and groceries, but if coming in the day before your ceremony, can pick-up your floral at any major city you may be coming from.
Things to know before you go
- Sequoia is about an hour and half from Fresno, California and Visalia. Make sure to grab any food, marriage license and other errand items before you head into the park. You will pass through a small town of Three Rivers, but keep in mind resources here are slim and more expensive due to the remote proximity.
- There is little/no signal once you enter in to the park. If you have loved ones meeting you there, that are not lodging with you or nearby, please be sure to communicate all necessary items prior to your day! There is wifi at the visitor center and main lodge.
- Three Rivers is the closest town outside of the park - with a cool brewery with an outdoor patio right by the river and a couple other places to grab a small bite. Otherwise dining in the lodge within the park is the next best option!
- if camping - many campgrounds operate from early spring to late fall. There are no hookup options in the park and water is limited to certain campgrounds only. Be ready to dry camp and be self-contained. Reservations are highly recommended, well in advance. Some are first come first serve, but can fill up quickly (especially during peak season). Consequently, we don't recommend just showing up and trying to find a spot. We are happy to assist with your camping plans.
- if camping - navigating in to the park with RV's larger than 22' requires extra consideration as several areas are inaccessible to extra large vehicles.
- Sequoia has a mina lodge within the park and there are several Cabin Rental options within the park area as well. There are also various Airbnb homes near Fresno and Sequoia and nearby lodging in Three Rivers.
Sequoia Elopement Weather
- Temperatures in Sequoia can fluctuate day/night (around 20-25 degrees). From June-September, high temperatures average in the mid 60's to low 70's.
- Nights in the park can be quite cold. The average low in the peak of summer is only 45 degrees. I recommend bringing lots of layers and planning for the temperatures to drop as soon as sun goes down.
- Winter temperatures dip in to the teens at night with highs in the 30s. Roads become very icy and dangerous and unexpected closures are possible (in addition to the planned closured). As your Sequoia Elopement Photographer I wouldn't recommend it for most couples.