Colorado Elopement Photographers
Destination Photo & Video Team based in Colorado & California
For Meaningful & Unique AF Weddings
we're Lauren & allen
Colorado Wedding Photographers
We’re the husband and wife dynamic duo Colorado Wedding Photographer Team and capture rad couples that have unique as fuuuuck wedding celebrations.
Come, come, have a seat, look around, pretend like we’re serving you’re favorite drink and your favorite band/music is playing in the background. And then reach out to us to tell us all about the awesome day you’re planning or envisioning. We want to be all up in it.
Life is short. We love hard. Celebrate hard. And we make sure these priceless moments that go by too damn fast are remembered well. We work with couples planning something authentic and unique for their day because it’s what we love to capture and simply how we feel life (and especially your wedding day) deserves to be celebrated. To do what feels hella GOOD!
Whether you’re planning a wedding, elopement, or festival, all of the above (but hopefully have your own unique wedding theme)–what we care about most is that you’re making it about you two and choose people like us to be there that get IT, support you, love you and amplify your joy, so you can have the most amazingly unique moments to remember your meaningful day by.
Do you appreciate our straight-forward vibe? If so we’re gonna be great friends and can’t wait to meet you. If you’re wondering what our story is, we’d love to tell you directly. we’re currently writing a book from all of our travels and experience living on the road in our camper/van for 3 years, but you can get a small glimpse over on our about page.
We’ve been a team for 7 years working with couples from all around the world having unique, fun and meaningful wedding celebrations.
Some fun & unique weddings we've captured in California
We're Often Booked For
unique wedding ideas
unique Elopement ideas
Colorado Elopement Photographers for authentic, meaningful and unique elopements & weddings
Hi lovers, travelers, dreamers and friends.
Are you looking for a Colorado Photographer that specializes in fun and unique wedding celebrations? Someone who gets the meaning behind your unique wedding vision? Someone ready to adventure and support doing what only feels good to you, by celebrating in your own authentic way?
We’re you’re people.
and we’ve been there.
We struggled to find a photographer that really got us, our vision, and the meaning behind our day when we had our glamping-style elopement back in 2019. It took A LOT of searching and we’re IN the industry. We hope your search ends now and your enjoy our vibe, philosophy and style– and feel just how much we really fucking care about documenting your love well. Please reach out and tell us about how wicked awesome and meaningful your day is going to be. We’re here for all love, all the feels and unique AF wedding ideas and celebrations.
how we see it
Our Style IS
About that hair-raising love that gives ya chills when you hear your favorite song or watch your favorite movie. We’re here for the honest, raw and emotional moments this beautiful life gives us. In our eyes, your day is all about the feels — remembering the feels that brought you here, being present in the feels of your moments and celebrating a lifetime of feels to come. If you’re a feeler, excited to love and kiss on your partner, love to laugh, not afraid of allowing tears of joy to flow, love to hug, love to dance, love to smile, love, love—and if you feel like you enjoy the idea of trusting that we will only direct when it suits the moment, when you ask or when we have downtime for creative portraits– then you’re going to LOVE our style.
We focus on emotional story-telling through artistically-frame natural moments with with some creative posing.
Our Style is NOT
Thinking about perfectly polished images. Not Editorial. Not publishing-driven (although we do love being featured and submitting when it suits!). If you think you are preferring to be posed, directed and told where and how to stand or how your hair looks for the better part of your pictures– we do not feel like you’ll love us being your people, frans. But we can be still be frans, people! There is someone for you–think editorial or traditional or classic style photographers.
Get married in your own unique way
Ranges to 12 hours for $7500. Multi-day also available.
+$750 // 1 Minute Short Film for Social Media
Includes 3-5 Minute Short Film
Lauren // Starting at $2500 for 4 Hours
Add Social Media Film
+$750 // 1 Minute Short Film For Social Media
What This Party Looks Like
Get Support From Friends Who Give AF
Be Present And Know Your Day Is Covered
Colorado Elopement Tips
Lighting and planning for your special day
- The best time of year to visit depends on the feel you're going for and the elevation of the location you're interested in. We will help you sort all of that out - get in touch and let's chat about your vision!
- Our favorite shooting time is at Sunrise or Sunset. Because of the mountains, the sun rises and sets MUCH differently at various locations/elevations. Many factors go into this; elevation, obstruction of nearby mountains/objects, time of year and more. Get in touch so we can start mapping out your ideas.
- As your elopement photographers, we enjoy helping guide you with your timeline and elopement location to ensure the best lighting for your moments. Contact Us before you get too far in the planning process if certain lighting is important to you!
Colorado Elopement Vendors, Permits, + Fees
- Huge perk of eloping in CO: Officiants and witnesses are not required in Colorado. However, you're more than welcome to have both. Or even have your dog as your witness and sign your marriage license. These are facts. How cool? All the pup kids please!
- We can help connect you with local florists, officiants and mobile hair/makeup for the destination or area you're interested in
- Many areas in Colorado do not require a permit.
- All state and national parks permits for ceremonies, some areas require Commercial Photography Permits and entrance fees.. For that reason, we help get you all the uninteresting, but important, details on this to make sure your ceremony or session isn't interrupted.
- Effective OCT 2020 : Rocky Mountain National Park has made some major adjustments to their visitor/wedding permit process. They are:
- (1) limiting permits for weddings to 250 per year
- (2) limiting to 2 ceremonies per day per location
- (3) requiring all visitors to have a reservation or be listed under your ceremony permit
- (4) wedding permits go on sale on 10/01/2020 at 8AM MT click here to apply to try and reserve your spot. even if you don't know the final details, this will be your best bet to guarantee you a spot next year within the park.
best places to elope and get married in Colorado
- For outdoor ceremonies check out locations like Rocky Mountain National Park, Breckenridge/Vail, Buena Vista, Telluride, Ouray and the Great Sand Dunes are some amazing locations. Each offer their own unique adventure, so get in touch and let's chat through your blissful vision.
- Tip: Ski towns like Breck make amazing wedding venues, especially for a summertime celebration to beat the heat.
- Our personal favorite spot: Ouray, CO. It's a small mountain town in the San Juan portion of the Rockies and hosts the most charming town lined with tons of shopping, eateries and outdoor recreation (have you seen the ice park?! amazing!). The most epic 4x4 off roading is nearby (hello for my non-hiking folks!) and the best views with nobody around. Bonus: you can rent jeeps right in town. Extra bonus: this town has a hot spring open most of the year to soak your bones from adventuring. Come during fall to experience the aspens changing color. WOAH.
- Don't forget about a visit to Red Rock Amphitheater or seeing garden of the gods outside of Colorado Springs
- Sure Colorado is for the outdoor enthusiasts, but a fun city wedding and elopement is just as amazing this this state. for a fun, urban elopement or wedding- you can't beat the rooftops of Denver or the cafe-lined streets on Larimer Square. Denver is one of the coolest cities in the U.S. with delicious breweries, speakesies and fun rooftop eateries and restaurants. if you're into a city beat elopement we're all in.
Weather For Your Elopement PHotography
- The aspens in the fall are one of our personal favorite times to visit (late September - October). Places like Crested Butte, Buena Vista, Aspen and Telluride have some of the most amazing fall foliage views. Springtime in the mountains is gorgeous, often trails of wildflowers really between mid-June to August once the snow has melted and making waterfall trails a treat.
- 300 days of sunshine! Bring those sunnies.
- But also be prepared: Weather in Colorado can be quite unpredictable. The Rocky Mountains are not super forgiving to hair, makeup and snow can come literally anytime ( June - August are best bets or no snow). Temperatures and conditions can fluctuate drastically day to day or even same day. Best advice: embrace the journey - it's a part of your story.
- If your date isn't fixed, we can absolutely help you select a date that's expected to be desirable based on your preferences, but always encourage you to embrace the unpredictability and go with the flow