Colorado Elopement Photographer
A true "us" Wedding Adventure in Colorado you'll be proud to call yours
Nationally-published husband and wife Colorado Elopement Photographer Team guiding and capturing true-to-you elopement wedding adventures.
3+ Years exclusively specializing in crafting and capturing authentic elopements / weddings across the U.S. and worldwide.
Guided, celebrated and captured along side 75+ different couples eloping and over 50+ intimate, nature-based weddings. Journeyed over 150,000 miles for love!
A true "us" elopement experience in Colorado
We know this planning journey may feel intimidating; there's a lot to consider and so many different photographers doing the same thing with the same pictures. We get it. Are you scrolling through tons and tons elopement photos and thinking:
"that's not our vibe."
“this looks fake. I want my moments to feel real…”
“we’re not ____ enough for THAT adventure.”
"none of these people look like me."
“do I have to hike or backpack to have an epic day?”
These doubtful feelings are valid. We know how you feel and we've been there. But you can stop here. We’re here for all love and all adventures-- and to say that whatever you're dreaming up, wherever you want to go, whatever adventure you want; the most epic part of your story is you right here, right now, deciding to do something different for your wedding—-and then doing the damn thing.
Don’t settle or regret not having the wedding adventure you deserve. Have a wedding day you’ll be proud of—- with a Colorado Elopement Photographer Team that gets. Let's Chat.
Your Colorado Elopement with WhiskeySage
one of a kind Guidance
Help crafting and planning from a couple that also eloped. our sage support and personal planning process helps keep you on track for an adventure that feels like you two–not an imitation of someone else’s day.
A Wedding day you're proud of
Not settling or living with regret of not having the adventure you deserve. your elopement will be authentic to you and we will instantly put you ease with our whiskeysage guidance.
Invest In a team that also eloped
Eloping is so personal. And so f’n fun. So rewarding. And transformational when you’re intentionally deciding to do something different and unique. But like anything worth the reward, there’s work involved. There’s deciding which location in Colorado, planning, logistics and a gamut of emotions; especially when trying to keep your day authentic without getting decision fatigue from the tons of blogs you’re scrolling. We’ve been there. We get it. And we’re here to give you the breathe of fresh air you need.
With one-of-a-kind guidance and a personal planning process, we take the stress off and put the focus back on what matters– you and your love. We work together to help guide and craft a unique Colorado Wedding day you’ll be damn proud you had. Don’t settle for anything that doesn’t feel good to you two or regret not having the adventure you deserve.
Your Colorado Elopement Investment Includes
Elopement Packages Colorado
Colorado Elopement Packages begin at 4 hours for 2 photographers and include guidance, location research, timeline building, and travel.
Northern + Central Colorado
Denver, Rocky Mountain National park, Silverthorne, Grand Junction +More
$4000 // 4 Hours
$4300 // 6 Hours
$4600 // 8 Hours
$4900 // 10 Hours
$6000 // 2 Days
Durango, Ouray, Telluride, Silverton, Buena Vista, Twin Lakes +More
$4700 // 4 Hours
$5000 // 6 Hours
$5300 // 8 Hours
$5600 // 10 Hours
$6700 // 2 Days
How to get started
Reach Out & Share Your Vision
Let us know a little about you both and vision in mind. From there we’ll set up a time to meet virtually so we can start crafting and helping right away.
get the sage guidance you need
Not someone planning your whole day telling what you should or shouldn’t do—but personal support from people that care about helping you craft a day that is symbolic, intentional and feels 110% like you two.
Have a true "us" wedding adventure
Cheers! You did the damn thing and got married to the beat of your own drum— walking away with transformative memories, a unique adventure and a wedding day you’re proud of.
Colorado Elopement Planning Tips
Lighting and planning for your special day
- The best time of year to visit depends on the feel you're going for and the elevation of the location you're interested in. I will help you sort all of that out - get in touch and let's chat about your vision.
- My favorite shooting time is at Sunrise or Sunset. Because of the mountains, the sun rises and sets MUCH differently at various locations/elevations. Many factors go into this; elevation, obstruction of nearby mountains/objects, time of year and more. Get in touch so we can start mapping out your ideas.
- As your elopement photographer I enjoying helping guide you with your timeline and elopement location to ensure the best lighting for your moments. Contact Us before you get too far in the planning process if certain lighting is important to you!
Colorado Elopement Vendors, Permits, + Fees
- Huge perk of eloping in CO: Officiants and witnesses are not required in Colorado. However, you're more than welcome to have both. Or even have your dog as your witness and sign your marriage license. These are facts. How cool? All the pup kids please!
- I can help connect you with local florists, officiants and mobile hair/makeup for the destination or area you're interested in
- Many areas in Colorado do not require a permit.
- All state and national parks permits for ceremonies, some areas require Commercial Photography Permits and entrance fees.. For that reason, we help get you all the uninteresting, but important, details on this to make sure your ceremony or session isn't interrupted.
- Effective OCT 2020 : Rocky Mountain National Park has made some major adjustments to their visitor/wedding permit process. They are:
- (1) limiting permits for weddings to 250 per year
- (2) limiting to 2 ceremonies per day per location
- (3) requiring all visitors to have a reservation or be listed under your ceremony permit
- (4) wedding permits go on sale on 10/01/2020 at 8AM MT click here to apply to try and reserve your spot. even if you don't know the final details, this will be your best bet to guarantee you a spot next year within the park.
best places to elope and get married in Colorado
- For outdoor ceremonies check out locations like Rocky Mountain National Park, Breckenridge/Vail, Buena Vista, Telluride, Ouray and the Great Sand Dunes are some amazing locations. Each offer their own unique adventure, so get in touch and let's chat through your blissful vision.
- Tip: Ski towns like Breck make amazing wedding venues, especially for a summertime celebration to beat the heat.
- My personal favorite spot: Ouray, CO. It's a small mountain town in the San Juan portion of the Rockies and hosts the most charming town lined with tons of shopping, eateries and brew houses. The most epic 4x4 off roading is nearby (hello for my non-hiking folks!) and the best views with nobody around. Bonus: you can rent jeeps right in town. Extra bonus: this town has a hot spring open most of the year to soak your bones from adventuring. Come during fall to experience the aspens changing color. WOAH.
- Don't forget about a visit to Red Rock Amphitheater or seeing garden of the gods outside of Colorado Springs
- Sure Colorado is for the outdoor enthusiasts, but a fun city wedding and elopement is just as amazing this this state. for a fun, urban elopement or wedding- you can't beat the rooftops of Denver or the cafe-lined streets down 16th st. Denver is one of the coolest cities in the U.S. with delicious breweries all over. if you're into a city beat wedding, I'm all in.
Weather For Your Elopement PHotography
- The aspens in the fall are one of my personal favorite times to visit (late September - October). Places like Breckenridge, Buena Vista, Aspen and Telluride have some of the most amazing fall foliage views. Springtime in the mountains is gorgeous, often trails of wildflowers really between mid-June to August once the snow has melted and making waterfall trails a treat.
- 300 days of sunshine! Bring those sunnies.
- But also be prepared: Weather in Colorado can be quite unpredictable. The Rocky Mountains are not super forgiving to hair, makeup and snow can come literally anytime ( June - August are best bets or no snow). Temperatures and conditions can fluctuate drastically day to day or even same day. Best advice: embrace the journey - it's a part of your story.
- If your date isn't fixed already, I can absolutely help you select a date that's expected to be desirable based on your preferences, but encourage you to embrace the unpredictability and go with the flow
Don't settle or regret not having the Colorado Adventure you know you deserve
A few years later we ditched the traditions and decided on a private wedding adventure entirely about us and the life we enjoy sharing together. But even when eloping, it was a challenge to not get caught up in "what do other people do” and scroll through endless photos influencing what eloping looks like. It was exhausting and almost made us feel like we weren't "good enough" to do something unique for us. So we stopped scrolling. And paused. And asked ourselves, “What feels good to us? What do WE want to do?” And then had the best, most perfectly imperfect day—filled with machaca tacos we made ourselves, a cliffside hike, first dance around a campfire, getting ready in glamp tent and more. It was entirely us, and that’s all that mattered. (Learn more about our elopement day here.)
- Reach out to us.
- We'll meet and chat about your vision(s) in mind for Colorado.
- We’ll guide you with personal support so your adventure will be 110% authentic to you.
- You'll have a wedding adventure you’re proud of— not settle or regret choosing anything less than what you deserve.
We’re passionate about personally crafting, capturing and celebrating everything that makes your love yours. Nothing phony. Nothing fake. An adventure and memories of your wedding day that you’ll be proud of, with elopement photographers that have been there and get it.