Colorado Elopement Photographer
soulful ceremonies, wedding adventures & unique celebrations
hi lovers and dreamers
lets raise a glass
and toast to making your day about you two
celebrating in a way that makes your souls comes alive
and making sure its remembered that way
Colorado Elopement Collection info
hi frans I’m Lauren – Colorado Elopement Photographer for wedding adventures, soulful ceremonies and unique celebrations of love. Over the last 3 years I’ve traveled the western u.s. in my camper with my husband and and cat kids (yes you read that right!) capturing, guiding and creating for couples celebrating their love in ways that make their hearts come alive. I love working with couples that want their wedding day to be as intentional as possible. Wether that’s at an alpine lake with just you two, or at a ski lodge partying with your closest loved ones, we already know this is one of the most powerful moments of your life and deserves to be remembered that way.
My couples share a real piece of themselves with me and my promise is to give you that back in return. Your collection comes with a piece of my heart and lots of soul, a human being that genuinely cares about your day being entirely yours. Added bonus: someone with hardcore experience capturing elopements and small weddings exclusively, not only in Colorado, but worldwide.
Colorado Elopement Pricing
My Colorado Elopement Packages start at $2500 for partial-day coverage (3 hours) and range to $7000 (2 full days with 2 photographers – my lovely talented husband is my second shooter as needed. He’s pretty rad too).
My couple’s average elopement or wedding investment is $4000 ; location, adventure and desired coverage depending.
basic Tips & Tricks From a Colorado Elopement Photographer
lighting and planning for your day
- The best time of year to visit depends on the feel you’re going for and the elevation of the location you’re interested in. I will help you sort all of that out – get in touch and let’s chat about your vision.
- My favorite shooting time is at Sunrise or Sunset. Because of the mountains, the sun rises 30 minute later (or more) and sets similar. Many factors go into this; elevation, obstruction of nearby mountains/objects, time of year and more. Get in touch so we can start mapping out your ideas.
- As your Colorado Elopement Photographer I enjoying helping guide you with your timeline and locations to ensure the best lighting for your moments. Contact me before you get too far in the planning process if certain lighting is important to you!
Colorado Elopement Vendors Permits and Fees
- Huge perk of eloping in CO: Officiants and witnesses are not required in Colorado. However, you’re more than welcome to have both. Or even have your dog as your witness and sign your marriage license. These are facts. How cool? All the pup kids please!
- I can help connect you with local florists, officiants and mobile hair/makeup for the destination or area you’re interested in
- Many areas in Colorado do not require a permit.
- All state and national parks permits for ceremonies, some areas require Commercial Photography Permits and entrance fees.. For that reason, we help get you all the uninteresting, but important, details on this to make sure your ceremony or session isn’t interrupted.
- Effective OCT 2020 : Rocky Mountain National Park has made some major adjustments to their visitor/wedding permit process. They are:
- (1) limiting permits for weddings to 250 per year
- (2) limiting to 2 ceremonies per day per location
- (3) requiring all visitors to have a reservation or be listed under your ceremony permit
- (4) wedding permits go on sale on 10/01/2020 at 8AM MT click here to apply to try and reserve your spot. even if you don’t know the final details, this will be your best bet to guarantee you a spot next year within the park.
Colorado Elopement Wedding Weather
- The aspens in the fall are one of my personal favorite times to visit (late September – October). Places like Breckenridge, Buena Vista, Aspen and Telluride have some of the most amazing fall foliage views. Springtime in the mountains is gorgeous, often trails of wildflowers really between mid-June to August once the snow has melted and making waterfall trails a treat.
- 300 days of sunshine! Bring those sunnies.
- But also be prepared: Weather in Colorado can be quite unpredictable. The Rocky Mountains are not super forgiving to hair, makeup and snow can come literally anytime ( June – August are best bets or no snow). Temperatures and conditions can fluctuate drastically day to day or even same day. Best advice: embrace the journey – it’s a part of your story.
- If your date isn’t fixed already, I can absolutely help you select a date that’s expected to be desirable based on your preferences, but encourage you to embrace the unpredictability and go with the flow
best places to elope and get married in Colorado
- For outdoor ceremonies check out locations like Rocky Mountain National Park, Breckenridge/Vail, Buena Vista, Telluride, Ouray and the Great Sand Dunes are some amazing locations. Each offer their own unique adventure, so get in touch and let’s chat through your blissful vision.
- Tip: Ski towns like Breck make amazing wedding venues, especially for a summertime celebration to beat the heat.
- My personal favorite spot: Ouray, CO. It’s a small mountain town in the San Juan portion of the Rockies and hosts the most charming town lined with tons of shopping, eateries and brew houses. The most epic 4×4 off roading is nearby (hello for my non-hiking folks!) and the best views with nobody around. Bonus: you can rent jeeps right in town. Extra bonus: this town has a hot spring open most of the year to soak your bones from adventuring. Come during fall to experience the aspens changing color. WOAH.
- Don’t forget about a visit to Red Rock Amphitheater or seeing garden of the gods outside of Colorado Springs
- Sure Colorado is for the outdoor enthusiasts, but a fun city wedding and elopement is just as amazing this this state. for a fun, urban elopement or wedding- you can’t beat the rooftops of Denver or the cafe-lined streets down 16th st. Denver is one of the coolest cities in the U.S. with delicious breweries all over. if you’re into a city beat wedding, I’m all in.