California Elopement Photographer Team
A true "us" Wedding Adventure in California you'll be proud to call yours
Nationally-published husband and wife California Elopement Photographers guiding and capturing true-to-you elopement wedding adventures.
3+ Years exclusively specializing in crafting and capturing authentic elopements / weddings across the U.S. and worldwide.
Guided, celebrated and captured along side 75+ different couples eloping and over 50+ intimate, nature-based weddings. Journeyed over 150,000 miles for love!
A true "us" elopement experience in California
We know this planning journey may feel intimidating; there's a lot to consider and so many different photographers doing the same thing with the same pictures. We get it. Are you scrolling through tons and tons elopement photos and thinking:
"that's not our vibe."
“this looks fake. I want my moments to feel real…”
“we’re not ____ enough for THAT adventure.”
"none of these people look like me."
“do I have to hike or backpack to have an epic day?”
These doubtful feelings are valid. We know how you feel and we've been there. But you can stop here. We’re here for all love and all adventures-- and to say that whatever you're dreaming up, wherever you want to go, whatever adventure you want; the most epic part of your story is you right here, right now, deciding to do something different for your wedding—-and then doing the damn thing.
Don’t settle or regret not having the wedding adventure you deserve. Have a wedding day you’ll be proud of—- with a California Elopement Photographer Team that gets. Let's Chat.
Your California Elopement with WhiskeySage
one of a kind Guidance
Help crafting and planning from a couple that also eloped. our sage support and personal planning process helps keep you on track for an adventure that feels like you two–not an imitation of someone else’s day.
A Wedding day you're proud of
Not settling or living with regret of not having the adventure you deserve. your elopement will be authentic to you and we will instantly put you ease with our whiskeysage guidance.
Some of our Favorite California Elopement Locations and Info
If you’re like us, you’re also awe-struck by the magic of California’s landscape. Is it the rugged dreamy coastline and old growth redwood forest? Or the towering granite cliffsides of Yosemite? Maybe it’s the adventurous serenity of all the golden deserts? California offers so much adventure to choose from you can’t go wrong. Pairing your powerful vows with mother nature is something we thrive on documenting. No matter which landscape you’re choosing–we’re here for it and would love to get to know you and your vision for your special day. Need inspiration? Check out our featured blogs below.
Invest In a team that also eloped
Eloping is so personal. And so f’n fun. So rewarding. And transformational when you’re intentionally deciding to do something different and unique. But like anything worth the reward, there’s work involved. There’s deciding which location in California, planning, logistics and a gamut of emotions; especially when trying to keep your day authentic without getting decision fatigue from the tons of blogs you’re scrolling. We’ve been there. We get it. And we’re here to give you the breathe of fresh air you need.
With one-of-a-kind guidance and a personal planning process, we take the stress off and put the focus back on what matters– you and your love. We work together to help guide and craft a unique California Wedding day you’ll be damn proud you had. Don’t settle for anything that doesn’t feel good to you two or regret not having the adventure you deserve.
Your California Elopement Investment Includes
Elopement Packages California
$6400 // 4 Hours
$6700 // 6 Hours
$7000 // 8 Hours
$7300 // 10 Hours
$8400 // 2 Days
$5500 // 4 Hours
$5800 // 6 Hours
$6100 // 8 Hours
$6400 // 10 Hours
$7500 // 2 Days
$5200 // 4 Hours
$5500 // 6 Hours
$5800 // 8 Hours
$6100 // 10 Hours
$7200 // 2 Days
How to get started
Reach Out & Share Your Vision
Let us know a little about you both and vision in mind. From there we’ll set up a time to meet virtually so we can start crafting and helping right away.
get the sage guidance you need
Not someone planning your whole day telling what you should or shouldn’t do—but personal support from people that care about helping you craft a day that is symbolic, intentional and feels 110% like you two.
Have a true "us" wedding adventure
Cheers! You did the damn thing and got married to the beat of your own drum— walking away with transformative memories, a unique adventure and a wedding day you’re proud of.
Best Places to Elope in California
Northern California - Best Places to Elope
- Redwood National Forest & State Parks - getting lost in the overgrown redwood forest feels like a fairytale. Surrounded by giant redwoods, fern-lined trails, overgrown moss and old growth forest, you're being transported into what feels like another world. Being right along the coast, you're also a hop away from a gorgeous portion of the pacific roast.
- Mendocino Forest Coast// my fav secret gem along the coast; it's close to the "lost coast" and features miles of black sand beaches with nearby fern gully redwood parks. It's remote, less traveled and also offers some amazing 4x4 off-roading if you're feeling super adventurous.
- Black Beach / The Lost Coast - a very rugged, dreamy and scenic adventure for those wanting a little more adventure and less frills. You can traverse a portion of the pacific coast trail, camp on the beach and explore some of the most unique coastal forests, all without dealing with crowds.
Central California - Best Places to Elope
- Big Sur - If you're a fan of the rugged coast and picture yourself high above the blue pacific - Big Sur near Monterrey is an amazing option. There's loads of beach access so you can easily adventure from the cliff bluffs right down to the sand. The redwoods park is nearby (although currently shut down due to wildfire damage) is also a great location for adventuring when you can.
- Yosemite National Park - for the lush mountain valley meadows or cliffside high above looking down, this epic location is very popular and for good reasons. Nothing truly beats the lighting at Taft Point or Glacier Point. The sunlight bounces off the granite walls, creating magical colorful effects for the ultimate dreamy effect. Adventuring/hiking here is easy-moderate, and also takes you through a gorgeous forest setting. It truly hits all the boxes. Only downside: availability is very limited and tends to be very crowded, even during the week. get in touch so we can start making some plans. Check out our LOOKSLIKE FILM featured Yosmite Elopement
- Sequoia National Park - the underdog to Yosemite (they're neighbors) known for the massive sequoia trees that will make you look like an ant! What I love about this park, is that is gets the SAME lighting as Yosemite, with gorgeous mountain views, but with easy access sequoia forest lined with magical trails of ferns, making it my favorite park in the Sierra Nevada. Hikes are easy-moderate and you get such a beautiful mix of landscapes.
Southern California - Best Places To Elope
- Joshua Tree / Pioneer Town / Palm Springs
- best time to visit: Oct-Nov + Mar-Apr
- weather: desert, dry, hot during day and cool at night. sumer months (Jun-Sep) reach highs over 100. Not safe for hiking but great for night sky viewing/camping.
- this is the spot for the best desert vibes and some of the coolest lodging experiences (airbnb or hotels in palm springs). known as the musicians playground, many Hollywood film scenes and marked as an international dark sky location, this spot is a vibe. and you'll feel it. the desert draws you in. not to mention the iconic sandstone boulders in massive shapes that our inner childs will laugh about, and dense valleys of Joshua trees - there's so many unique options for adventuring and molding a day fit to anything you want.
- San Diego / Laguna Beach / Malibu
- best time to visit: Apr-Oct
- weather: mild, dry during summer months, occasional rain in spring/fall but "wet" season is winter (Nov-Mar); the coast is usually windy, especially up on the bluffs near the ocean.
- where tall coastal bluffs meet sandy beaches, that meet the black rocky tide pools against the blue water--- going barefoot and running into the ocean together, it doesn't get more romantic than that. water is calming and also just fun. pro tip: plan around sunrise; because of the mountain range there's more time for "portrait blue hour" and the sun rises over the coastal cliffs, making for unique lighting opportunities vs blown out skies at sunset. bonus: you'll likely have the beach to yourself.
- Alabama Hills
- best time to visit: April-June, Oct-Nov
- weather: hot during summer months, warm in spring/fall and temps below freezing in winter nights.
- a remote camping and rec area; is a unique portion of the eastern Sierra where hills of sandstone rock meet an epic backdrop to the moutnains. this is an awesome location if you're wanting a very private, outdoor camping/glamping elopement. signal is weak but the views and secluded beauty are strong. a perfect spot to get as loud as you want to with your party on your elopement night.
- Death Valley National Park
- best time to visit: Oct-April
- the lowest elevation point in the u.s. -300ft below sea level, this desert location get HOT.
- choose from epic sand dunes, golden desert mountain hikes or vast dry lake bed landscapes - this is the desert for the hikers and adventure-seekers.
- Anza Borrego Desert
- best time to visit: Oct-May (unless star gazing - summer months are best for warm nights)
- weather: desert; dry, warm during day and cold at night
- for the star gazers and off-road warriors. This remote desert location features amazing golden light, overlooking desert badlands, unique canyon hiking trails and some of the most amazing night sky viewing. Bring your 4x4 for off-roading trails and some epic desert angles against the mountain range.
Don't settle or regret not having the California Adventure you know you deserve
A few years later we ditched the traditions and decided on a private wedding adventure entirely about us and the life we enjoy sharing together. But even when eloping, it was a challenge to not get caught up in "what do other people do” and scroll through endless photos influencing what eloping looks like. It was exhausting and almost made us feel like we weren't "good enough" to do something unique for us. So we stopped scrolling. And paused. And asked ourselves, “What feels good to us? What do WE want to do?” And then had the best, most perfectly imperfect day—filled with machaca tacos we made ourselves, a cliffside hike, first dance around a campfire, getting ready in glamp tent and more. It was entirely us, and that’s all that mattered. (Learn more about our elopement day here.)
- Reach out to us.
- We'll meet and chat about your vision(s) in mind for California.
- We’ll guide you with personal support so your adventure will be 110% authentic to you.
- You'll have a wedding adventure you’re proud of— not settle or regret choosing anything less than what you deserve.
We’re passionate about personally crafting, capturing and celebrating everything that makes your love yours. Nothing phony. Nothing fake. An adventure and memories of your wedding day that you’ll be proud of, with California Elopement Photographers that have been there and get it.