California Elopement Photographers
DESTINATION-BASED IN THE WESTERN U.S. & WORLDWIDE
for meaningful & unique AF weddings
we're Lauren & allen
California Wedding Photographers
We’re the husband and wife dynamic duo California Wedding Photographer Team and capture rad couples that have unique as fuuuuck wedding celebrations in Northern California & Southern California.
Come, come, have a seat, look around, pretend like we’re serving you’re favorite drink and your favorite band/music is playing in the background. And then reach out to us to tell us all about the awesome day you’re planning or envisioning. We want to be all up in it.
Life is short. We love hard. Celebrate hard. And we make sure these priceless moments that go by too damn fast are remembered well. We only work with couples planning something authentic and unique for their day because it’s what we love to capture and simply how we feel life (and especially your wedding day) deserves to be celebrated. To do what feels hella GOOD!
Whether you’re planning a wedding, elopement, or festival, all of the above (but hopefully have your own unique wedding theme)–what we care about most is that you’re making it about you two and choose people like us to be there that get IT, support you, love you and amplify your joy, so you can have the most amazing moments to remember your kick-ass and meaningful day by.
Do you appreciate our straight-forward vibe? If so we’re gonna be great friends and can’t wait to meet you. If you’re wondering what our story is, we’d love to tell you directly. we’re currently writing a book from all of our travels and experience living on the road in our camper/van for 3 years, but you can get a small glimpse over on our about page.
We’ve been a team for 7 years working with couples from all around the world having unique, fun and meaningful wedding celebrations. The more unique the better. But honestly as long as what you’re planning is meaningful and you can tell us why, we give you our whole hearts. And for-warning: they’re big ass hearts. See our couples’ reviews.
Some fun & unique weddings we've captured in California
We're Often Booked For
unique wedding ideas
unique Elopement ideas
California Elopement Photographer team for authentic cool & unique weddings
Hi lovers, travelers, dreamers and friends.
Are you looking for a California Wedding Photographer that specializes in cool and unique wedding celebrations? Someone excited to support your meaningful and maybe wild ideas? Someone ready to adventure and encourage you to celebrate and plan whatever feels good to you?
We’re you’re people. We’ve been there.
We struggled to find a photographer that really got “us”, our vision, and the meaning behind our day when we had our glamping-style elopement back in 2019. It took A LOT of searching and we’re IN the industry. We hope our page found you sooner and your enjoy our vibe, philosophy and style– and feel just how much we really fucking care about documenting your love well. Please reach out and tell us about how wicked awesome and amazing you want your day to be. We’re here for all the love, unique wedding ideas and celebrations.
how we see it
Some of our Favorite California Elopement Locations and Info
If you’re like us, you’re also awe-struck by the magic of California’s landscape. Is it the rugged dreamy coastline and old growth redwood forest? Or the towering granite cliffsides of Yosemite? Maybe it’s the adventurous serenity of all the golden deserts? California offers so much adventure to choose from you can’t go wrong. Pairing your powerful vows with mother nature is something we thrive on documenting. No matter which landscape you’re choosing–we’re here for it and would love to get to know you and your vision for your special day. Need inspiration? Check out our featured blogs below.
Our Photography Style
A gallery you can feel. Our photography style is artistic-documentary (no posing) meets lifestyle (some posing) meets landscape (where we often are) with focus on uniquely crafted edits for your personal gallery that align with the lighting, feel, mood with some composites & black + white photos. We love fun use of light and creating unique compositions.
Get married in your own unique way
$3500 // 4 Hours of Coverage.
Ranges to 12 hours for $7500.
Multi-day also available.
+$1500 // 3-5 Minute Short Film
+$750 // 1 Minute Short Film for Social Media
+$1000 // Assistance with Location Research, Vendor Research, Scouting, Timeline and Day-Of Coordination.
What This Party Looks Like
Get Support From Friends Who Give AF
Be Present And Know Your Day Is Covered
Best Places to Elope in California
Northern California - Best Places to Elope
- Redwood National Forest & State Parks - getting lost in the overgrown redwood forest feels like a fairytale. Surrounded by giant redwoods, fern-lined trails, overgrown moss and old growth forest, you're being transported into what feels like another world. Being right along the coast, you're also a hop away from a gorgeous portion of the pacific roast.
- Mendocino Forest Coast// my fav secret gem along the coast; it's close to the "lost coast" and features miles of black sand beaches with nearby fern gully redwood parks. It's remote, less traveled and also offers some amazing 4x4 off-roading if you're feeling super adventurous.
- Black Beach / The Lost Coast - a very rugged, dreamy and scenic adventure for those wanting a little more adventure and less frills. You can traverse a portion of the pacific coast trail, camp on the beach and explore some of the most unique coastal forests, all without dealing with crowds.
Central California - Best Places to Elope
- Big Sur - If you're a fan of the rugged coast and picture yourself high above the blue pacific - Big Sur near Monterrey is an amazing option. There's loads of beach access so you can easily adventure from the cliff bluffs right down to the sand. The redwoods park is nearby (although currently shut down due to wildfire damage) is also a great location for adventuring when you can.
- Yosemite National Park - for the lush mountain valley meadows or cliffside high above looking down, this epic location is very popular and for good reasons. Nothing truly beats the lighting at Taft Point or Glacier Point. The sunlight bounces off the granite walls, creating magical colorful effects for the ultimate dreamy effect. Adventuring/hiking here is easy-moderate, and also takes you through a gorgeous forest setting. It truly hits all the boxes. Only downside: availability is very limited and tends to be very crowded, even during the week. get in touch so we can start making some plans. Check out our LOOKSLIKE FILM featured Yosmite Elopement
- Sequoia National Park - the underdog to Yosemite (they're neighbors) known for the massive sequoia trees that will make you look like an ant! What I love about this park, is that is gets the SAME lighting as Yosemite, with gorgeous mountain views, but with easy access sequoia forest lined with magical trails of ferns, making it my favorite park in the Sierra Nevada. Hikes are easy-moderate and you get such a beautiful mix of landscapes.
Southern California - Best Places To Elope
- Joshua Tree / Pioneer Town / Palm Springs
- best time to visit: Oct-Nov + Mar-Apr
- weather: desert, dry, hot during day and cool at night. sumer months (Jun-Sep) reach highs over 100. Not safe for hiking but great for night sky viewing/camping.
- this is the spot for the best desert vibes and some of the coolest lodging experiences (airbnb or hotels in palm springs). known as the musicians playground, many Hollywood film scenes and marked as an international dark sky location, this spot is a vibe. and you'll feel it. the desert draws you in. not to mention the iconic sandstone boulders in massive shapes that our inner childs will laugh about, and dense valleys of Joshua trees - there's so many unique options for adventuring and molding a day fit to anything you want.
- San Diego / Laguna Beach / Malibu
- best time to visit: Apr-Oct
- weather: mild, dry during summer months, occasional rain in spring/fall but "wet" season is winter (Nov-Mar); the coast is usually windy, especially up on the bluffs near the ocean.
- where tall coastal bluffs meet sandy beaches, that meet the black rocky tide pools against the blue water--- going barefoot and running into the ocean together, it doesn't get more romantic than that. water is calming and also just fun. pro tip: plan around sunrise; because of the mountain range there's more time for "portrait blue hour" and the sun rises over the coastal cliffs, making for unique lighting opportunities vs blown out skies at sunset. bonus: you'll likely have the beach to yourself.
- Alabama Hills
- best time to visit: April-June, Oct-Nov
- weather: hot during summer months, warm in spring/fall and temps below freezing in winter nights.
- a remote camping and rec area; is a unique portion of the eastern Sierra where hills of sandstone rock meet an epic backdrop to the moutnains. this is an awesome location if you're wanting a very private, outdoor camping/glamping elopement. signal is weak but the views and secluded beauty are strong. a perfect spot to get as loud as you want to with your party on your elopement night.
- Death Valley National Park
- best time to visit: Oct-April
- the lowest elevation point in the u.s. -300ft below sea level, this desert location get HOT.
- choose from epic sand dunes, golden desert mountain hikes or vast dry lake bed landscapes - this is the desert for the hikers and adventure-seekers.
- Anza Borrego Desert
- best time to visit: Oct-May (unless star gazing - summer months are best for warm nights)
- weather: desert; dry, warm during day and cold at night
- for the star gazers and off-road warriors. This remote desert location features amazing golden light, overlooking desert badlands, unique canyon hiking trails and some of the most amazing night sky viewing. Bring your 4x4 for off-roading trails and some epic desert angles against the mountain range.