California Elopement Photographer
Team Serving The Western U.S. & Mexico
we're Lauren & allen
A husband & wife elopement & destination wedding photographer team based between Colorado & California. We travel the western U.S. & Mexico for adventurous & unordinary celebrations of love. We’ve been working together as a team for over 7 years and said adios to our traditional wedding plans and decided to elope back in 2019. We’ve helped couples from all over the world plan their elopement adventures and have traveled over 150,000k mi for love, most of which was while adventuring in our camper for 3 years! We’re all for breaking the rules. Life is too short, we have to follow our hearts. Wedding days seem like an important time to probably do that. ; )
How you celebrate your marriage is your legacy. We care about your story & show that through an elevated experience with emotional, artistic imagery that is yours and only yours. You deserve your moments documented by an elopement photographer team that values the meaning of your celebration as much as you do.
xx your california elopement photographers
California wedding photographers for stories that are anything but ordinary.
Hi lovers, travelers, dreamers and friends.
Are you looking for a California elopement photographer team that vibes with your celebration in mind?
Maybe you’re ditching the original wedding plans and choosing something more intimate and adventurous for your wedding celebration?
Maybe a bigger, traditional wedding was never your thing?
Maybe “elopement” doesn’t really fit what you’re doing either.
and what is all this talk about adventuring?
because maybe, your love is more than just any ordinary trending search word or hashtag…
ahhh. Yes. that’s the one. we get it.
you’re getting married. YOUR way.
wether you call that eloping, an intimate wedding, destination wedding celebration, adventure, etc–
what’s important is that you’re celebrating in a way that excites your soul & honors your connection.
IF This SOUNDS about RIGHT, THEN…
PULL UP A CHAIR.
WE’RE DESTINATION WEDDING & ELOPEMENT PHOTOGRAPHERS THAT THRIVE ON experiences, STORY-TELLING AND UNIQUE CELEBRATIONS OF LOVE. LIKE YOU, WE ALSO celebrated to the beat of our own drum. (SEE ABOUT PAGE) CHOOSING TO DO SOMETHING MUCH MORE INTENTIONAL AND MEANINGFUL THAN THE STATUS QUO IS A POWERFUL EXPERIENCE AS A COUPLE. WE GET HOW MEANINGFUL THIS MOMENT IS.
WE’VE DOCUMENTED, CREATED AND HELPED GUIDE COUPLES ALL OVER THE WORLD GETTING MARRIED IN UNIQUE AND EXTRAORDINARY WAYS. WE’D LOVE TO MEET YOU, CELEBRATE YOUR JOURNEY HERE AND RAISE A GLASS TO LOVE!
Vibe & Values
Our couples trust us to document their magic & create artistic and emotional images that tell their story. Your moments are priceless and deserve to be captured by people who care about your legacy. We believe your images should be anything but ordinary because your love is anything but ordinary. You deserve images that uniquely tell your story and two photographers with two perspectives, two angles and different lens depth allow for that.
Getting to know you, your love & the details of your story is one of our favorite parts of the photojournalism journey with you. Your trust allows us to intuitively capture your love the way it deserves to be remembered. Our couples lean on us for planning guidance, day-of coordination, timeline, vendor suggestions, location ideas and so much more to help make planning breezy. We love that we always feel like we’re old friends the day-of. We say fuck. Our heads are probably in the gutter. We generate at-least 1-3 inside jokes after our time together. But most importantly, we deeply care about your elopement day being the most meaningful and amazing day of your life.
Good energy is essential for good moments and starts with who you surround yourself with. We are 110% absolutely by your side with all the good juju, personal playlists, snacks, bevs, wearing 573 different hats to keep you feeling your best so you can have the best memories. We take pride in spreading joy and creating timelines that allow for you to feel relaxed and mindful so you can truly soak in your moments and not feel rushed.
Some of our Favorite California Elopement Locations and Info
If you’re like us, you’re also awe-struck by the magic of California’s landscape. Is it the rugged dreamy coastline and old growth redwood forest? Or the towering granite cliffsides of Yosemite? Maybe it’s the adventurous serenity of all the golden deserts? California offers so much adventure to choose from you can’t go wrong. Pairing your powerful vows with mother nature is something we thrive on documenting. No matter which landscape you’re choosing–we’re here for it and would love to get to know you and your vision for your special day. Need inspiration? Check out our featured blogs below.
celebrations of love we often capture in California
Your Investment Includes
Celebrations of Love Collections
We customize your collection for you and the moments you want to remember. Below is our starting coverage rate for the timeframes we offer. Please inquire for a more specific proposal personalized to your celebration in mind.
California Photography Collections
multi-day wedding celebrations
6-12 hour coverage each day
Three Days from $12500
Two Days from $8500
all day wedding celebrations
starting at $5500
elopements & intimate celebrations of love
starting at $4500
*you two only or a very small group
We miss our international friends deeply. As soon as it's possible, we will begin booking international locations. Couples wanting to travel to the U.S. are welcome to book for 2021/2022 at this time, but understand flexibility must be considered for potential travel restrictions.
*Iceland is opening their borders 3/26 to travelers that have been vaccinated.
*Greece plans on re-opening their borders to those who have been vaccinated by mid-summer and EU residents will have access beginning in May.
We love to capture life & love being passionately celebrated no matter the occasion. Please get in touch to tell us about this special time, check our availability and virtually meet for a custom proposal.
It's alway a good time to create meaningful memories. No "special" occasion needed ; - ) We love to couples boudoir, honeymoon adventures, proposals, maternity, engagements and more. please get in touch for a custom quote for your date/location and moment in mind.
Salud! bottoms up, mates! What's next?
And celebrate life– always! Especially for wedding celebrations and especially for yours right now. We can’t wait to meet you so we can hear all about your story and vision in mind. Connect by filling out our contact form. We’re usually in touch within a couple days.
You Have New Photographer Friends
We’re more than just your destination wedding photographer team – we’re your new photographer friends that truly care about your story, your life, your love. We hang out over zoom, chat over social media and Marco Polo, meetup before and likely there for your next big moment. This has to be this personal so we can intuitively and artistically capture your memories the way they deserve to be remembered.
we capture your story & celebrate your marriage
We never show up as strangers. By this point we’ve built a relationship and know what moments are most important to you without you saying a word. You trust us implicitly so you can be present in your moments and make your day about your love. We cheers and share a coldie or shot. We hug hard. We laugh hard. We celebrate right along with you.
Best Places to Elope in California
Northern California - Best Places to Elope
- Redwood National Forest & State Parks - getting lost in the overgrown redwood forest feels like a fairytale. Surrounded by giant redwoods, fern-lined trails, overgrown moss and old growth forest, you're being transported into what feels like another world. Being right along the coast, you're also a hop away from a gorgeous portion of the pacific roast.
- Mendocino Forest Coast// my fav secret gem along the coast; it's close to the "lost coast" and features miles of black sand beaches with nearby fern gully redwood parks. It's remote, less traveled and also offers some amazing 4x4 off-roading if you're feeling super adventurous.
- Black Beach / The Lost Coast - a very rugged, dreamy and scenic adventure for those wanting a little more adventure and less frills. You can traverse a portion of the pacific coast trail, camp on the beach and explore some of the most unique coastal forests, all without dealing with crowds.
Central California - Best Places to Elope
- Big Sur - If you're a fan of the rugged coast and picture yourself high above the blue pacific - Big Sur near Monterrey is an amazing option. There's loads of beach access so you can easily adventure from the cliff bluffs right down to the sand. The redwoods park is nearby (although currently shut down due to wildfire damage) is also a great location for adventuring when you can.
- Yosemite National Park - for the lush mountain valley meadows or cliffside high above looking down, this epic location is very popular and for good reasons. Nothing truly beats the lighting at Taft Point or Glacier Point. The sunlight bounces off the granite walls, creating magical colorful effects for the ultimate dreamy effect. Adventuring/hiking here is easy-moderate, and also takes you through a gorgeous forest setting. It truly hits all the boxes. Only downside: availability is very limited and tends to be very crowded, even during the week. get in touch so we can start making some plans. Check out our LOOKSLIKE FILM featured Yosmite Elopement
- Sequoia National Park - the underdog to Yosemite (they're neighbors) known for the massive sequoia trees that will make you look like an ant! What I love about this park, is that is gets the SAME lighting as Yosemite, with gorgeous mountain views, but with easy access sequoia forest lined with magical trails of ferns, making it my favorite park in the Sierra Nevada. Hikes are easy-moderate and you get such a beautiful mix of landscapes.
Southern California - Best Places To Elope
- Joshua Tree / Pioneer Town / Palm Springs
- best time to visit: Oct-Nov + Mar-Apr
- weather: desert, dry, hot during day and cool at night. sumer months (Jun-Sep) reach highs over 100. Not safe for hiking but great for night sky viewing/camping.
- this is the spot for the best desert vibes and some of the coolest lodging experiences (airbnb or hotels in palm springs). known as the musicians playground, many Hollywood film scenes and marked as an international dark sky location, this spot is a vibe. and you'll feel it. the desert draws you in. not to mention the iconic sandstone boulders in massive shapes that our inner childs will laugh about, and dense valleys of Joshua trees - there's so many unique options for adventuring and molding a day fit to anything you want.
- San Diego / Laguna Beach / Malibu
- best time to visit: Apr-Oct
- weather: mild, dry during summer months, occasional rain in spring/fall but "wet" season is winter (Nov-Mar); the coast is usually windy, especially up on the bluffs near the ocean.
- where tall coastal bluffs meet sandy beaches, that meet the black rocky tide pools against the blue water--- going barefoot and running into the ocean together, it doesn't get more romantic than that. water is calming and also just fun. pro tip: plan around sunrise; because of the mountain range there's more time for "portrait blue hour" and the sun rises over the coastal cliffs, making for unique lighting opportunities vs blown out skies at sunset. bonus: you'll likely have the beach to yourself.
- Alabama Hills
- best time to visit: April-June, Oct-Nov
- weather: hot during summer months, warm in spring/fall and temps below freezing in winter nights.
- a remote camping and rec area; is a unique portion of the eastern Sierra where hills of sandstone rock meet an epic backdrop to the moutnains. this is an awesome location if you're wanting a very private, outdoor camping/glamping elopement. signal is weak but the views and secluded beauty are strong. a perfect spot to get as loud as you want to with your party on your elopement night.
- Death Valley National Park
- best time to visit: Oct-April
- the lowest elevation point in the u.s. -300ft below sea level, this desert location get HOT.
- choose from epic sand dunes, golden desert mountain hikes or vast dry lake bed landscapes - this is the desert for the hikers and adventure-seekers.
- Anza Borrego Desert
- best time to visit: Oct-May (unless star gazing - summer months are best for warm nights)
- weather: desert; dry, warm during day and cold at night
- for the star gazers and off-road warriors. This remote desert location features amazing golden light, overlooking desert badlands, unique canyon hiking trails and some of the most amazing night sky viewing. Bring your 4x4 for off-roading trails and some epic desert angles against the mountain range.